NOTE: User creation has been disabled due to excessive spamming. Post in the forums if you want to add anything to this wiki.
iCal4j is a Java API that provides support for the iCalendar specification as defined in RFC2445. This support includes a Parser, Object Model and Generator for iCalendar data streams. For more information check out the API Documentation.
iCal4j requires a minimum of Java 1.4 due to the use of features introduced in this version of Java. It may be possible to run with earlier versions, however this is not supported.
- If you are new to iCal4j, follow this brief tutorial to help you get started.
- The following examples demonstrate the functionality and uses of iCal4j.
- Slides from a recent presentation at the CalConnect Roundtable XIV.
- Information relating to using iCal4j on Android is available here.
- You can also use iCal4j with Groovy - see here for details.
Concepts and Types
- Folding long content lines
- Date and Time representations
- Working with Timezones
- Compatibility with other Calendar User Agents
- Encoding attachments and other data
- Component, Property and Parameter filtering
- Component and Property indexing
- Recurring events
- Object model extensions
MS Outlook Timezone Definitions
- Information regarding code coverage and other project reports is available in the Project Documentation.
- For information regarding specification support, please see the RFC Compliance page.
- Outstanding Tasks
- Details of future directions can be found in the Roadmap.
Related Sites and Articles
- Calendar User Agents supporting the iCalendar specification
- Projects using iCal4j
- iCalendar feeds using iCal4j
- Integrate your Java agenda and iCalendar clients (Outlook) with iCal4j
- Wikipedia on iCalendar.
- iCalendar to XML conversion using ical4j
- MSDN iCalendar Extensions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Answers to some common questions about iCal4j are available here
A hierarchical view of this Wiki is available here.
- Thanks to Atlassian Clover for their support.
- YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products:
Vote for your suggestions here